Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dieting #1

Everyone who's been trying to lose some serious weight by dieting, should by now know that there is more than one method.

The most known approach, is reducing the amounts of food one consumes, or reducing calories (though it's not exactly the same thing).

If you've been into the dieting for some time, you should have found by now, two very good excuses to avoid this type of dieting (at least I have):

  • Hunger and
  • The scale getting stuck easy.

During low calorie diets I felt constantly hungry and my metabolism was getting used to having less energy to burn. This meant that I should reduce the calories I was eating a bit more, till I get stuck again. At the end of such diet (if successful) the problem is this: Your metabolism is much lower than when you started, so gaining weight by eating the same amount of calories you used to eat is much easier.

Plus having to calculate calories all the time isn't fun, both for you and your company.

Being tired of this kind of dieting I've tried a number of other solutions, some of them worked but others were more harmful than helpful.

Today I know this… starving is not ok, and the results most of the times are just temporary, but don't forget that you're on a diet, no pain no gain, reducing the portions you consume will make a difference.

Eating less (NOT starving) and eating right makes the trick.

No comments: